Wednesday, December 28, 2011

(Book Review): Clockwork Angel- Cassandra Clare

Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2)Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have quiet a bunch of mixed feelings about this book. If I can give this book a proper rating,it would be something like 100 out of 10!

Tessa Gray has come to London to meet her older brother Nate after the death of her aunt Harriet.

Fast forward >>

Okay, so the search for Mortmain is continued, they haven't found a trace for him yet. Charlotte is about to lose the institute to the Lightwoods. Tessa is torn between Will and Jim..

I might spoil this a little for you.
First of all, this book was worth reading, and certainly worth the $25 I spend :P


I want to say a few things about the characters, in particularly Jem, Will, Tessa, Charlotte, Sophie, Henry, Jessamine, and the Lightwoods...


James "Jem" Carstairs: I have to admit that I liked Jem. I've always wanted a friend like him. There was a lot about him that was likable and had a great personality. He seemed like the guy who hated being labeled as weak. I had respect for his attitudes, I had some sympathy for him, and his addiction problems.

But anyways, I am definitely going for WILL!

William "Will" Herondale:
Charming! Everything about him is charming. I liked him in the first book, I know he was quiet an asshole in the way he treated Tessa and the others. But, I was certain there was a reason behind it. I mean, he acted like he had feelings for her, then he pushed them away. The best example for this was in the Sanctuary when he thought she died. Everything was cleared out in this one. I wanted to know why. I anticipated it as soon as I turned the last page of Clockwork Angel and there was nothing! What really broke my heart-and his- was the sacrifice her made, for Jem, to push away his feelings for Tessa whom her really loved. I thought of it, although I don't like love triangles, but how many of us would do such a thing for a friend.
Also, a part of Will's personality was revealed, he was really smart, not only charming, smart as well. And most of all, he cared, about Jem, about Tessa, about Charlotte, Henry, even the family he abandoned.
I still don''t think he's going to end up with Tessa. Because he is Jace's grandfather, and IF Tessa's really a warlock, then Will won't marry her, or Jace would've never been born.

Tessa Grey:
Tessa in this book was really different, she has grown stronger, she is now independent in thinking; hard to imagine a 16-year-old with such a way of thinking, things were really different back then, I guess.
Tessa's true identity has not been revealed for sure. But there is doubt that she is the daughter of a Shadowhunter and a demon, which is not possible because any offspring between a shadowhunter and a demon ends up being stillborn.
Tessa is quiet tough, she used her ability of shape shifting to find more from her brother about Mortmain's plans, but still being unsure how or where to find him.
Tessa's part in the love triangle is really tough. She is literally torn her heart between Will and Jem. I don't blame her for choosing Jem, because his words cannot be ignored and she couldn't possibly walk away just like that. She is like Will in a way, they are both ignoring the feelings they have for the other in account of Jem's happiness.

Actually, I am so surprised things went that far. I loved the was the story was written. I love Cassandra Clare. I like the way she twists her plots, but the ending really BROKE my heart.. Along with Will's, and who knows, maybe Tessa's too.

I can't wait, until the next book comes out.. The last line made me jump! I DEMAND IT BY THE ANGEL!!!!


View all my reviews


P.S: I read this book in 2 day!

No comments:

Post a Comment